We at LegalBase are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. At LegalBase the privacy and security of our customers, respondents and visitors are of paramount importance.
If you do not wish to be bound by the terms of this policy please do not provide any Personal Data to us through our Website.
We will seek your explicit consent to process Personal Data collected on our Website or volunteered by you. Kindly note that any consent will be entirely voluntary. However, if you do not grant the requested consent to the processing of your Personal Data, the use of our Website may not be possible.
Any information stored on our Website is treated as confidential. All information is stored securely and is accessed by authorized personnel only. We implement and maintain appropriate technical, security and organisational measures to protect Personal Data against unauthorized or unlawful processing and use, and against accidental loss, destruction, damage, theft or disclosure.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
The Personal Data we may collect and process are:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in our contact us form on our Website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you subscribe to our service, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can block or disable cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block or disable all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Website.
USE OF THE INFORMATION
We will only collect Personal Data from you when:
- we have your consent to do so, or
- we need your Personal Data to perform a contract with you. For example, to process a payment from you, or
- the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, or
- we have a legal obligation to collect or disclose Personal Data from you.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to fulfil any services and to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please let us know by sending us an email;
- to notify you about changes to our products; and
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
- to administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising We serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
We will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we wish to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. We may process Personal Data without your consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
If you have any questions about how we use any of your Personal Data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
For users of our Website located in the European Economic Area, all processing of Personal Data is performed in accordance with privacy rights and regulations detailed in the Regulations (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament, known as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and our processing will take place in accordance with the GDPR.
We may share your Personal Data with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Website.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your Personal Data to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If our company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- We will reveal your Personal Data without your prior permission only when we have reason to believe that the disclosure of this information is required to establish the identity of, to contact or to initiate legal proceedings against a person or persons who are suspected of infringing rights or property belonging to us or to others who could be harmed by the user’s activities or of persons who could (deliberately or otherwise) transgress upon these rights and property. We are permitted to disclose your Personal Data when we have good reason to believe that this is legally required.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA“). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment the processing of your payment details and the provision of services.
Whenever we transfer Personal Data outside the EEA, we will ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring appropriate safeguards, as required by law, are in place. This may include using specific contractual clauses approved by the European Commission which give Personal Data the same protection as it has in Europe.
Please contact us if you want further information on the countries to which we may transfer Personal Data and the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your Personal Data outside the EEA.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will not retain data longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or regulations. Further details of the periods for which we retain data are available on request.
You have control of the purpose for collecting data, and the duration for which the Personal Data may be kept. You may request that we delete your Personal Data at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. However, if the retention of certain Personal Data is essential for the fulfillment of obligations under the Data Protection Laws or your employment agreement the Company may retain such data.
If you would like to access or have a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide as much information as you can about the information you are looking for so that we can deal with your request as quickly as possible.
You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
If you have any concerns or complaints regarding the way in which we process your data, please email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.
UPDATING YOUR DETAILS
If any of the information that you have provided changes, for example if you change your e-mail address, name or payment details or any other information provided by you or if you have any concern that the Personal Data or account information maintained on the Website is incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com and we will review and update our records.
PROTECTION OF CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Our Website is not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Data through our Website. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 18 without parental consent.
HOW TO CONTACT THE COMPANY
If you have any further questions regarding the data we collect, or how we use it, then please feel free to contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Continued use of our Website after having been informed of any such changes to these conditions implies acceptance of the revised privacy and cookies policy.